Kevin Owens Shocks The World By Beating Cena
A few years ago the idea that a darling of the independent scene could come in to WWE and beat John Cena in their first real main roster match was laughable, but that’s just what happened at Elimination Chamber for Kevin Owens. With “attitude” the NXT Champion bowed up to the PG icon and beat him clean with the Pop-up Powerbomb. If it wasn’t clear already NXT is now WWE’s corporate badass “indy fed” and Kevin Owens is its anti-hero. There’s some ironies there, but it makes for some pretty damn entertaining programming. ECW’s Tazz never had such luck against Triple H.
After shocking the “WWE Universe” the remorseless fighter took the mic and declared: “John Cena, your time is way up. My time is now!”
Owens is effectively now a member of the main roster and is booked for all of the upcoming shows. He’s NXT’s ambassador and somebody who is going to play an important part of both brands during his transition.
Elimination Chamber Results
Here’s how the rest of the event went down:
– (Chamber) The New Day (c) def. Los Matadores, Prime Time Players, Cesaro & Tyson Kidd, The Lucha Dragons and The Ascension, after they triple-teamed Titus O’Neil.
– Nikki Bella (c) def. Paige and Naomi, with a Rack Attack on Naomi.
– Neville def. Bo Dallas with the Red Arrow.
– (Chamber) Ryback wins the IC title against Mark Henry, Sheamus, King Barrett, R-Truth, and Dolph Ziggler, after hitting the Shellshock on Sheamus.
– Dean Ambrose def. Seth Rollins by DQ, despite having his hand raised for a few moments as a clean win. I call shenanigans! Your champ is still Seth Rollins.